Frequently Asked Questions

How old do I need to be to rent a motorhome?
Most rental companies require drivers to be 21 years or over.

Do I need a special driving licence?
You don’t need a special licence to drive a motorhome, but you must have a full driving licence. If your driving licence is not in English, you will also need an International Driving Permit in addition to your driving licence.

What are the pick-up and drop-off times?
Rentals commence in the afternoon of the pick-up date (usually after 13.00) and must be returned on the drop-off date by late morning (usually 11.00). Some rental companies offer earlier pick-ups and later drop-offs for a supplement. When you select a vehicle on our website, you will be able to see if an early pick-up or late drop-off is available.

Are transfers included to and from the rental location?
Transfers are available with certain rental companies with a specified radius of the depot. Once your booking is confirmed and balance paid you will be sent information about your pick-up, including transfers if applicable. For regular pick-up times these are usually confirmed between 24 and 48 hours prior to pick-up by calling the depot.

What insurance is included?
Most rental companies include basic levels of insurance, and you will be able to see the options for top-up policies (if available) once you have selected the vehicle you are interested in.

Types of RV
  • Class A Motorhome
    A bigger, bus style motorhome suitable for extended periods of time. Often more luxurious but at a slighly higher price.
  • Class B Motorhome
    A smaller, van style RV with a raised roof. Generally self-contained with showers and a toilet.
  • Class C Motorhome
    A truck chassis, often with slide-outs to create more space. Great value for money and suitable for most rentals.